originate Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb come into existence; take on form or shape
develop; rise; uprise; spring up; arise; grow.
- A new religious movement originated in that country全民彩票官网下载
- a love that sprang up from friendship
- the idea for the book grew out of a short story
- An interesting phenomenon uprose
verb bring into being
- He initiated a new program
- Start a foundation
verb begin a trip at a certain point, as of a plane, train, bus, etc.
- The flight originates in Calcutta
O*rig"i*nate transitive verb
imperfect & past participle Originated ; present participle & verbal noun Originating
- To give an origin or beginning to; to cause to be; to bring into existence; to produce as new.
A decomposition of the whole civill and political mass, for the purpose of originating a new civil order.
O*rig"i*nate intransitive verb
- To take first existence; to have origin or beginning; to begin to exist or act; as, the scheme originated with the governor and council.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters